Black Mold Remediation in Ridgefield, CT
We specialize in skillfully repairing water damage and inspecting for black mold growth. When a catasatrophe affects your home or business, we’ll do the job right the first time so that you never have to hire another professional.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We answer swiftly, day or night, so the damage doesn’t escalate while you wait.
- Certified, trained technicians have the know-how to carefully and proficiently accomplish water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Our comprehensive resolution includes building drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial procedures.
- Advanced equipment and technology detects the source and quarantines the location, averting its spread.
What is Black Mold?
If you own a home, water damage leading to black mold is one of your worst nightmares. It is a noxious fungus that slinks in unnoticed, and then consumes the property. Mold is everywhere – indoors and out – just waiting for the condition it needs to settle down and reproduce. Microscopic spores can lie inactive almost indefinitely, until they find dark, moist areas to stay in. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can be lethal, harming the well-being of both people and pets. It belongs to a group of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as risky.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never postpone calling a professional to inspect for mold infestation. They can go ignored for weeks, and then appear practically overnight.
Once mold creates colonies in your living space, it immediately breeds and releases toxins that make life unpleasant for inhabitants:
- Mold releases a strong, mildewed scent that stops rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can trigger chronic inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- People with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
- The more extended the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Unusually damp homes and offices can be subject to mold invasions even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion immediately.
To get rid of mold, the atmosphere where it flourishes must first be removed. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any remaining moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold removal and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can drench hidden areas of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep coming back to these areas.
What We Do
- Our team will scrutinize the area and assess visible and hidden damage instigated by water and mold, and what action should be taken to avert further damage.
- We quarantine the mold so that it can’t disperse to larger areas.
- We use progressive air filtration techniques to remove spores from the air.
- We remove mold and any items that have been infected with it, and then we administer antimicrobial substances to eliminate the remaining mold.
- The Paul Davis team will clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes getting rid of that awful, musty odor.
- We return the property to its pre-damaged condition using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
No removal procedure can ensure that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as inhospitable to mold as possible.
Contact Paul Davis of Ridgefield right away. Whether it’s your home or business that has been jeopardized, our fast, comprehensive, proficiently trained technicians will turn back time on your water and mold damage. We’ll work work together to return things to normal.